Reporting Guidelines and Deliverables
Research Project Descriptions
Within 21 days after project selection, the Primary Investigator shall do the following:
- Submit to the research project description form (RPD) for each project to Brie Salmons at email@example.com. The information provided in the RPD form will be used to enter the project into RITA’s RiP database (http://rip.trb.org/).
- The RPD form will be placed on the MTIC website for each new research project selected. At minimum, this information must remain on MTIC’s website until the project’s Final Research Report has been posted on the site.
Program Progress Performance Report for University Transportation Centers
Within 7 days of the end of each quarter, the Primary Investigator shall submit the Program Progress Performance Report (PPPR) for UTC’s and submitted with quarterly invoicing to MU’s Research Corporation. The PPPR should not exceed 20 pages in length including the cover page. Shorter lengths are encouraged as long as the content reported is commensurate with the level of effort and expenditures.
SUBMITTAL AND WEBPOSTING: MTIC will submit the PPPR by email to the designated Grant Administrator as a Word document, and shall post it on the MTIC’s website.
Annual Performance Indicators Report
On an annual basis, the MTIC Director shall report program performance indicators using the format specified in Exhibit C. The Annual Performance Indicators Report shall be submitted electronically to the designated Grant Administrator. These reports shall be completed by July 31st of each grant year.
Final Research Reports
The MTIC Director shall submit a final report for each research project conducted with UTC Program funding including matching funds. The final report should be submitted to MTIC Administration 45 days after the project’s end date. Final research reports shall give a complete description of the problem, approach, methodology, findings, conclusions, and recommendations developed as a result of the project and shall completely document all data gathered, analyses performed, and results achieved. The inside of the front cover shall show a disclaimer including the following:
DISCLAIMER (To be included in all Final Research Reports) The contents of this report reflect the views of the authors, who are responsible for the facts and the accuracy of the information presented herein. This document is disseminated under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s University Transportation Program, in the interest of information exchange. The U.S. Government assumes no liability for the contents or use thereof.
Within two months after the completion of each project, MTIC Administration shall:
- Publish on the Center’s website the full text of each report.
- Notify the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the URL of the full text report so that the report may be indexed and abstracted in TRB’s Transportation Research International Documentation Database (TRID). Notification should be made by e-mail to TRIS-TRB@nas.edu. For help with TRID, contact Lisa Loyo, TRB’s Manager of Information Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transmit each report electronically to the National Transportation Library at NTLDigitalSubmissions@dot.gov. E-mails to this address may include URLs or attached PDF documents.
Also distribute each report in the format noted to the following addresses:
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208-2300
(Submit on CD)
Institute of Transportation Studies Library
University of California, Berkeley
(Send URL via e-mail)
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center
U.S. Department of Transportation
(Send URL via e-mail)
FHWA Research Library
Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center
U.S. Department of Commerce
National Technical Information Service
(Send URL or PDF via e-mail)